- We limit employee access to information only to those who have a business or professional reason for knowing, and only to nonaffiliated parties as permitted by law. (For example, federal regulations permit us to share a limited amount of information about you with a brokerage firm in order to execute securities transactions on your behalf.)
- We maintain a secure office and computer environment to ensure that your information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
- The categories of nonpublic personal information that we collect from a client depends upon the scope of the client engagement. It will include information about your personal finances, information about your health, to the extent that it is needed for the planning process, information about transactions between you and third parties, and information from consumer reporting agencies.
- For unaffiliated third parties that require access to your personal information, including financial service companies, consultants, and auditors, we also require strict confidentiality in our agreements with them and expect them to keep this information private. Federal and State regulators also may review firm records as permitted under law.
- We do not provide your personally identifiable information to mailing list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.
- Personally identifiable information about you will be maintained during the time you are a client, and for the required time thereafter that such records are required to be maintained by federal and state securities laws, and consistent with the CFP Board Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. After this required period of record retention, all such information will be destroyed.
- We do not share nonpublic personal and financial information with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties except under the circumstances noted. Since sharing information under circumstances noted is necessary to service customer accounts or is mandated by law, there are no allowances made for clients to opt out.